Our COVID Response to enhance the safety of our Guests
Our COVID Response revolves around a number of very important factors.
Staff Education and Training
At all Two Fish Divers resorts, we try to employ as many local staff as possible to help our local economies and communities. Since the start of Coronavirus we spent time providing our staff with additional training regarding handwashing, hygiene, disinfecting and sanitizing.
Our staff learned a lot about the transmission of viruses and bacteria, knowledge which they were not taught in schools, and they were were able to take this knowledge home with them to share in their communities to help prevent the spread of coronavirus. We hope this knowledge will further help local communities in the future by raising hygiene standards due to increased awareness.
Extra Hygiene Practices
At our dive centers & resorts we normally adhere to good hygiene practices as a rule and we will continue to do this so you can just relax and enjoy your holiday. However, in line with government and scientific advice we are adding some extra precautions to reassure and give all our guests some peace of mind:
- Wash Your Hands – Hand sanitizers and soap are available on the boat as well as around the resort… please wash your hands regularly and use hand sanitizer as a precaution.
- Cups – all boat cups will be labeled with an individual guest’s name and will be washed thoroughly with soap and water after use. Please avoid sharing cups at the resort, we will happily clean and provide more.
- Masks and mouthpieces – We clean our equipment regularly anyway but we will be more thorough with rental masks, snorkels and regulators. These will be cleaned and disinfected before and after you rent equipment from us.
We will only put mouthpieces on when you start to rent a regulator, and we have mouthpieces for sale if guests would prefer to buy and use their own. If you have your own equipment then we will ask you to please rinse with Dettol before rinsing in the communal washtubs.
- Gear Labeling and Storage – After disinfecting rental gear it’s been extremely important to make sure that dive gear allocated to guests does not become confused with anyone else’s. We have tightened up our gear labelling and storage to ensure each guest’s gear is more clearly identified.
- Welcome to our resort – We are avoiding handshakes and any other unnecessary contact for the time being but we still welcome you with a smile. Fist- and elbow-bumps will also be welcome!
Enhanced Room Cleaning Procedures
- In all of our Two Fish Divers Resorts, accommodation cleanliness is something that we pride ourselves on. With the onset of coronavirus, however, we took our cleaning regimes to the next level by training our housekeeping staff in new procedures. Now all rooms are cleaned at least once a day and door handles will be wiped, and rooms will be disinfected between guests.
Enhanced Kitchen Procedures
- Kitchen and restaurant surfaces are regularly wiped with disinfectant. All cutlery, cups, plates and eating utensils are cleaned thoroughly every day.
- Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner – we have stopped buffet service and introduced plate/ordering service, and we ask guests to please use the utensils provided for bread, cereals, fruit, crackers etc
- Coughing and general hygiene – please cough and sneeze into a tissue, and immediately throw this away. Try to avoid spitting where other people will come into contact with it. Avoid touching your face and, again, wash your hands frequently.
- Feeling ill?– If you feel sick we always want to know so that we can help. Don’t be offended if we are more vigilant if people have a cough or look unwell.
- Towels – Please try not to take someone else’s towel from the boat or pool area. Hand towels have been removed from the hand washing areas.
New Booking Procedures
To take into consideration uncertainly around the lifting of travel restrictions we have adopted a COVID19 Flexible Booking Plan for the immediate future. Our new, flexible plan allows for free of charge date changes if travel is not possible. View full details here.
Please ask us if you have any questions or concerns about yourself or others, most importantly we want you to relax, enjoy your stay and your diving!!