Visa on Arrival
A 30-day Visa on Arrival is available for most nationalities when they arrive in Indonesia. The cost is either free or $35, depending on your nationality.
- Free 30-day Visa on Arrival: This is granted to certain countries, and their citizens are granted a free 30-day visa. Note that this a non-extendable visa. See the list of countries eligible for FREE 30-day visa
- Pay for 30-day Visa on Arrival: For other countries (including EU countries, USA & Australia), their citizens need to pay $35 on arrival (cash only) for the visa. See the list of countries eligible for paying for 30-day visa
- Not Eligible: Citizens of some countries are not eligible for the Visa on Arrival, and they will be required to apply for a visa before entering Indonesia.
The various visa requirements for countries does change so it is best to contact your local Indonesian embassy, or visit the Embassy of Indonesia in Washington, for a more up-to-date list.
It is possible to get a 60-day visa but you will need to apply at an Indonesian Embassy before you arrive, please check directly with the Indonesian Embassy in your country.
The alternative is to pay the $35 for the Visa on Arrival, and then extend for another 30-days. There are a few things to note:
- Even if you are eligible for a FREE 30-day Visa on Arrival, you still need to pay $35 in order to get the version of visa that can be extended for another 30-days.
- It is not possible to extend the visa more than once, this means that you have a maximum of 60-days before you have to leave the country.
- The process normally takes 1-3 days depending on where you extend.
Customised quote? General enquiry?
Tell us what you’re looking for and we’ll be in touch